Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Story of...

Today, I've been watching a couple videos. The Story of Stuff and The Story of Bottled Water. Basic idea: materialism runs our country and we should use what we have. Sound familiar? I think so. 

The thing that hit me the hardest (at least so far...I'm still watching about bottled water) was that there is a continual problem throughout the entire production line. So, as a consumer, I can still do things, but over the production line more damage can be done. I wonder how I encourage companies to use more sustainable practices? Write letters. Sign petitions. Write more letters. DON'T BUY THINGS.

Water bottles frustrate me. Why buy a bottle of something I can get from the tap? Tap water is just about free and clean. We have clean water in America - why not use it?! We've been given a gift - we should use it. 

There is a demand for something that we don't need. We don't NEED bottled water. It's something that we already have - from the tap. What would happen if we stop buying water bottles? Why don't we take back the tap?

Reuse bottles rather than using a disposable one. I wonder what would happen if there were more drinking fountains around town...I guess I can write a letter about that.

Save the environment. Use the tap. Don't buy what you don't need. Also, I don't have a picture of my water bottle, so here's a picture of water to get you thinking about saving the world through reusing.

Also, after writing this I was thinking more. If you have a disposable bottle, that doesn't mean you can't use it! I do this - fill it up with water from the tap and use it until it can't be used any more. You'd be surprised how long it'll last! 

No comments:

Post a Comment