Friday, June 10, 2016

Berry Picking

Today, I went berry picking with my dear friend, Grace. We went on a walk the other day and found at least seven mulberry trees! What a blessing from the Lord. Every single time that we found a tree, I joyfully exclaimed, "The Lord has blessed us!" Trees are beautiful and a blessing. They remind me of Jesus and who He is. 

This morning, we found about two pints of berries! Well, I think. Approximation is not the thing I am best at in the world. We picked all the trees as much as we could without getting poison ivy all over us. That's a skill in itself.

I'm still trying to think of what to do with the berries, but I think it will be magical. Maybe I'll make a pie or a couple jars of jam. Who knows? I don't.

While talking to Grace after picking, I came to a conclusion: most of my hobbies don't cost money. Or, at least, little to no money. I like being outside and watching plants grow. I'm a big fan of cooking new foods from things I've already bought. I tend to go on long walks to places I've never been. I don't like to spend money unless necessary (or if it'll bless someone else). And, I think, that's okay.

Berry hunting is fun because it gives lots of joy and has benefit - you get berries. You don't need to spend lots of money to have a joyful experience. Sometimes, they happen one berry at a time. 

Look at all the berries we found! What a blessing from the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment