Friday, June 24, 2016

Fruit and Fiber

Fruit is cool. Like, really cool. Like, one of the coolest foods ever. Side note - my refrigerator is singing at current a very high and loud note and I don't think it'll make it very far in its audition for Broadway, but, by golly, it can hold that note for a LONG time. 

Anyways, fruit.


I like fruit. Strawberries are actually my favorite food. I think the cool thing about fruit is it's like its own handheld snack! Prepackaged joy of goodness in a food. I remember the cool moment when I found out clementines came in their own package - like, when I actually thought about that. It. Was. Awesome.


Oranges are prepackaged. Clementines. Apples. Cherries. Bananas. Mangos. All. The. Fruit. God made them in their own packages! How cool is that?! 

Anyways, I'm also a HUGE fan of fiber. You can get a TON of fiber from fruit. Key: don't peel them. Well, depending. I'm a BIG fan of peeling bananas...


Apples have 4.4 grams of fiber WITH the skin. Without? 2.1. 

Sometimes, eating mangoes is difficult. I wish I had a paper
towel because it definitely dripped on me and that's not cool.
That's uncool.

Did you know you can eat mango skin? Well, with the mango. There's tons of benefits. Vitamins, fiber, omega things, happiness. So eat your mangoes like you eat an apple - but you may need a paper towel when you do that. 

Did you know you can eat the peel of a lemon? It tastes wonderful! There's also LOTS of benefits to that. 


Forgive me, as I am not a fan of oranges, but I guess there's benefits to that, too! WOW. I find all the facts when I research them. Thank you, writing class in high school. Thank you. 


Anyways. Wow. Fruit is the best. And so healthy for you! And a great way to sustain your body and the environment. Note, also. When you can buy organic, do! Otherwise, eat what is best for your body. My thought: the closer to the ground that you eat, the better it is for your body.

Believe me.


It's true.


Peace.

OH! I forgot to mention this. Strawberry leaves! They're so good for you. Not ONLY do they have fiber, but they have TONS of vitamins and minerals. Why choose to compost (yes, compost) something when you can get the health benefits? That's right. No reason.

Also, are there any major fruits you can think of with benefits? Let me know! I didn't list all of them, but mainly the ones I was thinking about. 

P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S. - I got a free geranium today. I'm pretty excited about life.

What a lovely plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment