Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Spaghetti Squashes...All The Squash.

It's. So. Big. Oh. My. Goodness.
TONIGHT. IS. SO. COOL.

Actually, kind of. I'm making spaghetti squash at current and I'm quite thrilled about what the end result will be. Although it's going to be a lot of squash, I know it will all be used and it will all be worth it! 

So, spaghetti squash. Y'all. This stuff is awesome. God made this so cool. So cool. Literally, a food in its own bowl. This stuff is the best.

I got my squash at the farmers' market. Saturday. 

It was two dollars.

It was the biggest squash I have ever seen.

Gutted and so happy. Note - that's me
listening to poetry in the side. On
the side. English. Yikes.
I didn't realize until today that this giant squash has a gash in it. Oh, help me, I had the sadness in my soul.

Anyways, I ended up cooking an excessive amount of spaghetti squash. NOTE. I started this post last night, but then I Skyped with my dear friends, Jacey and Jorge, for an hour, so I went to sleep after...it was late and I teach the kids. 

But. My squash. 

To make spaghetti squash, you first wash off the outside. Then, cut it in half. On the inside, there's all sorts of 'guts' (seeds and jazzy jazz) on the inside. Take those out, yo. Them be gross. I bet you could do something with these, but I haven't come across an idea yet.

BUT. After cutting it in half and gutting it, you need to put something in the middle. Well, you don't need to. But it helps the seasoning! I used garlic, salt, and butter. 

Yo, this garlic. THIS STUFF IS SO COOL. Elephant garlic. One clove is the size of a whole bulb of regular garlic. I got it because I couldn't find any other garlic at the store. It's pretty nifty, though it makes my love for garlic run deeper than the deepest well I've ever seen.


Before cooking - all the seasoning.
Anyways, then, cook it at 400 for an hour. 

It's the best.

You take it out of the oven, take a couple minutes to make sure you don't burn yourself, and then start to take it apart. I didn't get a picture of this. Why? I was tired and gave up. 

You take the squash apart using spoons and slowly taking the 'meat' of the squash away from the sides. You can't eat the sides. It's gross, dude.

Then, put your organic and all natural (without sugar!) spaghetti sauce on it and eat it. All the happy and healthy! 

Note, you don't need organic food. I just suggesting looking at the label and getting things that don't add additional sugar that's not necessary. This helps sustain your body.


So. Much. Squash. Thank you, Lord.
But, really, there's my squash. I wasn't planning on explaining how to make it, BUT there you go. I'm a big fan. And I will literally be eating this for the next week. I mean, really, look how much I had. Three halves. Also known as one and a half squashes. Also known as dinner. 

Praise God for food to eat for dinner.

Praise the Lord for providing.

He provides everything we need, even when we don't know we need it. I think that's what the Bible means when it says that God is a good Father.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment