Sunday, September 25, 2016

Banana. Bread.

A good blogger would know that you should probably not write more than one post every couple of days. A blogger with a bit of ADHD who is hyperfocused on something will write anyways.

All the laughs.

Oh my goodness. Y'all. I made the best banana bread tonight.

The best. Ever. 

I'm so excited.

Why?

This bread is the best.

Why?

Here we go.

It's the best.

So, I'm egg free and gluten free. These things do bad things to my body. I don't eat them. Anyways.

Today, I wanted to make banana bread. I don't know if you know this, but typically, regular banana bread has gluten. You know, gluten. The protein in wheat, barley, and rye that helps bind things together. Gluten free cooking doesn't have that protein.

Gluten free baking is hard.

Really hard.

But I wanted to make banana bread. I had like eight overripe bananas in the freezer that had been there for a couple months. I made a dumb decision of keeping the bananas on the stove after I bought them...they went bad three days later. Oops. 

Anyways, I had bananas. I wanted to make bread. Tugce and I walked to the store, got some ingredients that I didn't use in the banana bread, and then we came home. Then I went and drank coffee. And then I came home again.

I started the bread. I used this recipe. Well, I based off of it. The changes I made? Instead of 3/4 cup of milk, I just used 1/2. I used 1/3 cup of honey instead of the sugar/honey it has listed. I added a sprinkles of nutmeg and more cinnamon than listed. About 1/4 cup of hemp seed, 1/4 cup of chia seed, 1/3 cup cacao nibs. I also added a handful of dark chocolate chunks and four drops of stevia. Four bananas instead of three. 
My dear friend, Miranda, lets me joyfully talk
about random, lovely things. She's
a blessing to my soul.

I cooked it for an hour and waited patiently. Well, no. I really wanted to eat it and I didn't know if it was going to be good.
Y'all. It's so good. My heart is so full right now with joy and seeing how the Lord provides food that I can eat in a healthy way.

Seriously. I can't believe how much God provides. I serve the God who made food. He made food. FOOD. Therefore, I can trust Him with it. 

And the bread? It's the best. Ever.

Peace.

OH! My encouragement for you? Try new things and find joy in cooking in a healthy way for your body! The Lord provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment