Sunday, September 11, 2016

Festivals and Friendship?

I went to a concert in town. Yesterday. It was called Praise Fest. I'm really tired right now, so this probably won't make sense.
Here's John Lennon getting a guitar pick out.

Anyways. Went to that. It was like a really big Christian concert with all sorts of different musical artists. That was neat. It was from 8:30 in the morning to 9:30 at night. I'm not really sure if the same people played throughout the day or exactly how that worked, but I went at 7:00 with my friend Lindsay. Then Jena joined us. We sat on a blanket in the back of the field, listening to the music (it was SUPER loud). 

But, we sat there, sang along, and prayed. I think music really can draw your soul into a place that it doesn't always go. I'm a big fan of peaceful music (like acoustic, lovely, calm music). It makes my soul feel at peace and something else that literally isn't coming to mind so whatever.

At the event, I made a new friend! I like making new friends. His name is Vik. He came and stood by our blanket, asked about the music, I asked him to sit down, then we offered him a chair, and then he sat. We talked for a bit, then he asked us gals to come to a BBQ tonight (you know, because this all happened yesterday). The other girls couldn't come, so I invited a different friend to come with me.

So my friend Jamison and I went to the BBQ tonight. I made a salad for it (that's what I was told to bring). Do you know how stressful it is to be told to bring a salad? There are like 3589279857289375689273 different types of salad. Real salad, fruit salad, potato salad, macaroni salad, broccoli salad. ALL THE SALAD.

I made a caesar salad. I actually called a friend to ask what kind of salad to make because I was concerned that I didn't know what to do. While I was at the store. Anyways...

Anyways, I went to the BBQ tonight with Jamison. I was a bit really nervous because social things always make me nervous and I was going to hang out with a bunch of people that I'd just met. But we did it! I texted Vik and we did the socialize thing well. All the proudness!

It was SO much fun. I'm so glad I got out of my comfort zone and talked to a random stranger. Love people, make new experiences happen.

Anyways, all that to say, sometimes it takes stepping out of your comfort zone to make new friends and try new experiences. Sometimes you have to leap in order to fly. Wow, that's poetic. 

Take new chances. Make new memories. Believe Jesus will take care of you.

2 comments: