Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Sometimes, I Break Things

Straight up busted.
So, this summer my wallet broke. Like, full out got demolished. I admit, it was my fault. I stuck my phone in it because I thought that maybe it would be okay...

It wasn't.

It died.

I cried.

You see, my uncle and aunt got this for me when I graduated university. It may not seem like a big deal, but this was such a meaningful gift. First of all, it was from a company called JOYN. This company empowers people, specifically in impoverished areas, to gain a career. This company provides education, medical help, steady jobs, and more. 

This meant a lot to me. It was more than a wallet.

I did a thing.
And I broke it.

Full out busted.

I had failed myself and the wallet.

Granted, I usually break things quicker than this wallet, so I could be proud of myself.

Anyways.

I've been keeping it on the kitchen table for the last four months trying to figure out what to do. I've started cleaning off the table. I had to find out what to do.

The zipper was broken.

The inside was decently put together.

I noticed that it seems like the coin holder inside could be cut out and used simply by itself. As a coin purse. So, that's what I did! 

I have the proudness at my skills.
I cut out the middle and made myself a coin purse. Look at me UPCYCLING.

Upcycling - reuse (discarded objects or material) in such a way as to create a product of a higher quality or value than the original. 

That's what I did! I now have something that can be used. And the other part? I'm taking it to school. Maybe my students can come up with some ideas. They're super smart.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment