Thursday, June 22, 2017

Bulk Shopping

Bulk shopping is the best. I don't know if I wrote about this. I probably did. Whatever. I did write a post - I just went looking. It's here. But, I went shopping again today and it was lovely. Here are some more of my zero waste journey points. 

- I use my produce bags to put the bulk foods in when I'm at the store. The scale won't zero out if I use a jar. Then I transfer when I get home. The picture here is a picture of after the transfer. Isn't it lovely?

- I have stopped putting the stickers that I print off with the price sticker on my container. I don't want it. I did try putting them on my arm tonight...that was a bad idea. I learned that putting stickers on your arm is a good way to get a free arm wax. I lost a lot of hair. More than that, I lost pride.

- I store my bulk in jars. I think this keeps everything more fresh.

- I keep my jars in the cabinet! The less sunlight, the more fresh. Maybe. I don't really know. Maybe that's about clothes in clothing stores...oh, they keep the color. Whatever. I'm not rewriting this bullet. It's a line. Meh.

- When buying bulk, I only buy things that I know I'll be able to use. So, today, I bought goji berries, almonds, sliced almonds, pepitas, poppy seeds, dates, and sunflower seeds. I'm planning on making crackers! I also (since, you know, vegan jazz) need more protein, therefore more seeds! I love seeds! It's simply the best life.

- Not all produce bags weigh the same amount! The scale must be zeroed at all the times.

- The simply most wonderful produce bags are the little sheer ones! With the small tie at the top. Oh, no, string pull thing. Is that called a tie?

Anyways, y'all, shop in bulk. It creates less waste. It makes you shop more intentionally. It brings joy to your heart. Oh, wait, that may just be mine.

I must sleep. This is getting ridiculous.

Peace.
This simply isn't centering. How frustrating.
Well, well, well...
It centered after I captioned it. 
                              

1 comment:

  1. I lost hair and pride 😆
    ....👍 I also did sticker thing when I was young.but then it hurts as hair grows then I stopped.

    ReplyDelete