Monday, June 19, 2017

Cherry Picking

Oh, happy...
Hello, hello, hello! Yesterday was Father's Day. More than that, as a family, we spent time cherry picking! I could have taken a picture in the moment of picking, but no. That would have been a waste of good family time. 

But we picked cherries as a family, cut off the dead branches (so the tree can thrive), and made a cherry crisp. Oh, and we pitted the cherries. That was an adventure in itself. If you find me on instagram (sidannwest), you can watch that video. I'm not really sure how to put a video on here. Oh well, there's my life for you.

But I was so excited! My sister and I, the night before Father's Day, sat out by the cherry tree, after picking lots of cherries, and had a chit chat for hours. Oh, it was so lovely. I love my sister so much and I find so much joy in our conversations. Anyways, intentional conversation and cherries make for joyful day.
...breakfast.

Oh, also, I picked lemon balm leaves because I thought it was mint leaves. It wasn't. That was an odd things to experience.

But, anyways, on Father's Day, we picked the rest of the cherries! We then took them inside, pitted them with my pop's cherry pitter, and made a cherry crisp. What a lovely family time to spend together.

Anyways, I have continual encouragement for you to spend time finding a local fruit tree where you can get local (and sometimes free!) fruit. Then you can help the tree by taking its fruit AND you can help sustain yourself by having fruit. Plus, if you have a lovely human to pick things with, then you can sustain that relationship.

All the happy, wonderful things.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment