Sunday, November 20, 2016

Joy and Trees

I know, I know. I write a lot about trees. I like trees. They show me people and seem to always bring me joy in the midst of insanity. 

I was working on a couple different things today - listing more things to sell online (see the right side bar), cleaning (I failed at this miserably), watching The Office (I claim success in this area), and drinking tea (I also claim success here). I like tea - see? 

Anyways, it was the afternoon and the sun was going to go down soon. I knew that I would feel like it was a wasted day if I didn't spend time outside. So, I went outside.

It was cold.

At least for the beginning of my walk. 

Then I kept walking and it was fantastic. The weather wasn't too cold. The wind wasn't too fierce. And I found my favorite tree.

I have a sad story from this summer - I went to go climb my favorite tree and the entire area it was in was covered in poison ivy. I couldn't even go close. I just could look longingly from the distance at this tree. 

BUT TODAY WAS DIFFERENT. Today, I got to climb my tree.

My heart is so happy. I climbed the tree, sat in the tree, and contemplated life in a tree. I was thinking about a sermon that I listened to the other day that asked, "If you were doing what you were doing right now, would Jesus be pleased with you?" My answer in that tree? Yes, please. I believe He would be more than okay if He found me in a tree (finding joy in what He has made).



Jesus made trees. I praise Jesus for trees.

I would also like to make a note that trees are free entertainment that literally just pop up from the ground. They are there to make oxygen. And bring joy. And be climbed. 

And I stand firm to the idea that we were all made to live in trees.

Peace.

Psalm 1:3 - He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers.

No comments:

Post a Comment