Tuesday, November 29, 2016

I Like Chocolate

Chocolate is my favorite. This makes me think of Tugce, as she seemed to get me hooked on eating more chocolate. There's just so many different flavors and kinds! Thanks for that. I send my love to you.

Anyways, I'm a big fan of chocolate. Sadly, chocolate has a lot of sugar. Actually, sugar is in pretty much everything. It's used lots of times as a flavor enhancer in processed food (along with salt). This causes our bodies to become more dependent on sugar (honestly, y'all, it's a drug). I have lots of feelings on sugar, which I think will write a post about that sometime else. 

Anyways, I'm trying to cut almost all sugar out of my diet. Not fructose (I like the fruit and fruit likes me). But yesterday, oh, yesterday, I was craving chocolate like there was no tomorrow.

There was a tomorrow. It was today. 

I should be asleep right now.

I just want to write about chocolate.

Y'all. Time out. I went to a poetry reading tonight at Arrow Coffee. I got coffee. It was awesome. It was like all my hobbies put together in one place. Thanks for going with me, Junye. I appreciate your friendship and adventurous spirit. Also, I wrote a post about poetry one time. Here's this.

Isn't it lovely? I think so.
Anyways. Oh my gosh. Brain. 

I made chocolate! I have had this random almond butter bites in the freezer for a LONG time and I've been needing to use them, as I didn't eat them...for a long...long...long time.

They were made with vanilla, almond butter, a baby bit of salt, and stevia.

I finally found something to do with them - chocolate happiness.

I melted down some coconut oil (y'all, note, I don't measure stuff. I just don't. Sorry if you want amounts) with the almond butter bites. I put in carob powder (which I got at Hy-Vee in the bulk section), cocoa, vanilla, coconut slivers (bulk section...again), chia seeds, flax seeds, and liquid stevia. I melted it all together...

...then I sprayed down a cookie sheet and spread out the random chocolate jazzy jazz thinly on the cookie sheet.

Put it in the freezer.

Then it froze, I took a knife to it, cut it into pieces. Oh, my heart is so happy! It's not super sweet (thank goodness!) and you can get your chocolate craving fix easy without the sugar.

Anyways, I'm cutting out sugar. Or trying. And I made chocolate. And I have a happy heart.

Peace.

OH. My other goal in making this was to use what I had. All the ingredients were found in my pantry - there's no point in buying something that you already have and can use.

2 comments:

  1. Ever heard of Dark chocolate? Less sugar in it for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, for sure! Since my goal is to cut the sugar almost completely out, here's a start! Though, I am a huge fan of dark chocolate.

      Delete