Saturday, December 3, 2016

Compliment

Note. I work with children. Well, I also work with adults. But most of my interaction time is with my students and the students around my school.

Yesterday, I was paid two compliments from students who aren't in my class and I don't think I've actually ever met before. 
I walked to this sunrise a couple weeks ago.
I appreciate it and the vast amount of color in it.

One compliment was on my hair (I like your hair) and one was on my shirt (I really like your shirt). 

I was thinking about this on the way home and thinking about how this relates to the world of being an adult. I ended up on this thought: why don't we randomly compliment people if we appreciate something about them?

I think a lot of the time we're a lot more prone to be negative than positive. It's easier, but not beneficial at all. As for accepting, it hard. It's hard to accept compliments from other people because we're flawed and we know it. We see ourselves for who we really are (and Jesus does, too. That's why He's so wonderfully lovely). 

Join me for a second - what if there was a culture of complimenting in your life? Like the normal was to go around and give compliments to people (whether you know them or not).

Who knows? You could make someone's day. Or week.

And when someone compliments you? Accept it. Say thank you. Smile. Let the person who complimented you know they are valued (this can be done by a smile). 

Be the change. 

Peace.

1 comment: