Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Buy Nothing

Hi.

So, on the book of faces (and probably other places, too), there's sites called "Buy, Sell, Trade" with the town it comes from. These are like an online garage sale, which is super fun.

My lovely friend Katie showed me something the other day that I found to be really helpful and made my heart happy. Name? "Buy Nothing". 

Buy Nothing.

Nothing.

This is really cool. It's just a group of people (again, on the book of faces), who ask and give. Gift things that aren't be used anymore, ask for things that are needed. When you receive something, you post a gratitude message to the person who gave you the item, hopefully, also, telling them how you put the item to use.
You have one of these you can part with?
Hit me up.

How practical. And kind. 

I've been working on decluttering my life for like...the last year. But a lot more structured in the last couple of months. I find a lot of things that I don't use anymore that I don't really know what to do with. So, I put them in my back room and ask just about every single person who comes over if they want to check it out.

Effective, yes, but it's a lot of stuff. This is where the site comes in! 

You can post a picture of the item you're wanting to gift (or a description of it) and someone can claim it. Then y'all get together and simply give to each other.

Or you can ask for items! I asked for kind of bottle that's on the right and I got one. Thank goodness!

I've been able to do this with multiple items (wrapping paper, fabric paint, ribbon, and more), and people have claimed them and are going to be able to use them. It's nice to meet up with kind people and give them things that can use/need.

That's all I think I have to say. I think it's good to use our resources to help other people willingly. The Lord gives us what we have to help other people. Let's help people.

Peace.

Note - if I was grading this for writing, I would get a low score for organization. I struggle to track with what I wrote, so good luck.

Want more information? Here. Go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment