Saturday, December 10, 2016

UN Sustainable Development Goals

Last Monday, our district had a district-wide professional development. It was really interesting and I feel like I learned a lot! There was one thing that stuck out to me in particular and stirred my affections for this Earth that we live on -->

The UN Sustainable Development Goals. THIS IS SO COOL. The UN has created 17 goals for helping the world we live in. It's broken down into many different areas - poverty, education, water, peace and justice, the environment, and more. 

Y'ALL. This is so stinking cool. You click on a picture (on this website) and it walks you through why that goal is important and then it has different projects that show that goal in place. WOW. All the wow.

This map brings me lots of joy. Helping the
environment keeps the map looking
approximately the same.
All sorts of projects are taking place to help out the world that we live in! Such sustainable and beautiful efforts to help.

It makes me think of what I can do to help out the world and make a difference in my community. In school. With friends. My family. 

I just think the ability to make an impact is HUGE. And this site gives practical goals to look towards! So, my thought: pick a goal that you can focus on and work towards that goal.

My goal right now? I don't know. I have to research it a bit more. I do know that I'm going to continue doing some of the same things that I do, along with others. Like writing more letters to important high-up people. 

Looking at my goal - to be sustainable - it looks like that can go under Goal 12: Responsible consumption and production.

I want to be responsible with what I've been given. There's my goal. What's your goal? 

More updates later. Go hug a tree today.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment