Saturday, December 24, 2016

Laundromat Happiness

I have a constant struggle in my life where I strongly dislike doing laundry, but there is a need for clean clothes. To do laundry at my apartment, there's a coin-stealing and high-cost washing machine/dryer downstairs. 

Happy times - book, coffee, sitting
on a table, clean laundry.
For Dirty Santa (that is, White Elephant) at Thanksgiving, I got lots and lots of coins. Thank you, Ma-Ma! I made a decision that day - I'm going to use it for the wonderful time of doing laundry.

Yesterday was laundry day. I had no more short socks and a mountain of dirty clothes growing in my closet. It was time.

I'd been thinking of a long time of going to the laundromat. I think it's a good place to meet people, do more loads of laundry quicker, and read a book peacefully. In short, I really like the laundromat.

Really. Really like the laundromat.

Also, the washing machine at my apartment is really hard on clothes. 

So I went to the laundromat. It. Was. So. Much. Fun. I was able to get my laundry done in two hours. That's so exciting! Usually it takes forever and a day.


Happy laundry mountain!
My main goal in going to the laundromat was to meet people. It's an easy place to cultivate conversation (mainly because you're just waiting for your laundry...).

When I was folding my clothes, I got to meet a kind lady! This was my goal. I accomplished it. I asked her how her day was going, we talked about her family, and we talked about Christmas. It was wonderful! I got to talk to her about what the Lord was teaching me and how I'm learning more and more about His plan. She was a teacher in a local school, so we talked about school and children and the happiness of break.

It was wonderful and made my heart full. I think this goes well along my goal of sustaining people and letting them know they are loved and valued.

Peace.

Oh! I called my mom afterwards and my first words were, "I love the laundromat." She laughed. 

ALSO. I spilled coffee all over my bag during laundry time. I found that ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment