Sunday, November 13, 2016

My Teeth Are Gritty Clean

My mom and I made toothpaste tonight. It's like the coolest stuff ever. 

Here's some ingredients! Just two weren't pictured:
water and salt.
I've been wanting to do this for quite some time, but I haven't had the ingredients. Turns out, my mom did! So, here's the ingredients for when you JOYFULLY make your own toothpaste:

- bentonite clay
- distilled/boiled water
- tea tree oil
- liquid stevia
- peppermint, lemon, or orange essential oils (this is your flavoring!)
- pinch of salt

Now, like any cool kid, I'm going to paste the link for the instructions because I don't want to retype anything that anyone else has done. That's silly. HERE. CHECK THIS OUT WITH THEIR COOL PICTURES.

Here's my toothpaste! Soon after
brushing my teeth, I put it in a jar. It
looks classy now.
One of my favorite parts about this (besides being all natural!) is that it has a cost breakdown at the bottom. This toothpaste breaks down to being 61 cents per ounce, whereas regular toothpaste (depending on what that is for you) is about 90 cents per ounce. So that's saving something right there!

Also, it's super fun. I'm thankful that my teeth can be cleaned naturally without lots of random chemicals and things that we don't recognize. This toothpaste has only six ingredients - all of which can be recognized! 

My mom decided that it would be wise to compare the amount of ingredients in this homemade toothpaste versus a non-homemade (or one commonly used) toothpaste. She' getting it now...

...oh, here she is with two tubes of toothpaste.

With Tom's toothpaste (anti plaque and whitening), there are 10 ingredients. I can recognize most of those ingredients, which brings me joy because then I know what is being put in my body.

With Crest complete (multi-benefit), it apparently has one active ingredient: sodium fluoride. Makes me wonder a couple things, but this mainly - why are you not listing your ingredients? What are you HIDING?

As I've been sitting here with my teeth cleaned for at least an hour, they still feel smooth and clean. My mouth is happy. And (to add a little random note that doesn't happen to many people, but seems to happen to me) my mouth isn't numb.

Thank goodness.

Want to know more reasons to switch to natural? Check this out.

Don't believe me? Check this out about fluoride

Go care for your teeth naturally. 

Peace.

1 comment: