Monday, November 14, 2016

FREE THE FOOD (oh, no, I meant free food...)

I got free food last week. I'm a big fan of free food. Let me clarify...

At school, we are able to have new fruits and veggies be tried a couple times a week. So far this year, we have tried dragonfruit, oranges, beets, and more. We have been in school for a long time, but obviously I don't remember.

BUT LAST WEEK WE GOT ORANGE BELL PEPPERS.

Apparently, as I learned, my students don't like orange bell peppers.

So. I took them home.

And they hung out in an old ice cream container for five days. Ice cream container? Yeah, wrote a post on that. Here.
Here! My lovely tacos.

I found them tonight as I was craving tacos to eat for dinner. Tacos are my favorite. They make my heart happy. Unfortunately, I didn't have all the ingredients.

...or so I thought.

I found the peppers and sautéed them with half an onion! I put a baby bit of salt and tiny bit of butter with them. Then I cooked a couple tortillas and make tacos! 

Kind of tacos. 

Good enough tacos.

Lovely tacos.

Also, there's a The Office episode about tacos when Nellie doesn't know how to eat a taco. Here. I found it for you.

I put some parmesan on the veggies and then maybe some rice vinegar because I felt like it and this was literally the best dinner I've had today.

Anyways, I don't follow recipes (except to make toothpaste) and it always (well, almost always) turns out lovely.

Happy Monday. 

Eat the food in your fridge.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment