Saturday, July 30, 2016

Zinnia Victory

This past spring at school, we planted flowers to talk about general plant jazz, how plants grow, and photosynthesis. We started from seed. Seed. I didn't put together how long that could take to grow a flower.

VICTORY. 
Be still, my heart.

I have officially had two zinnias bloom. Well, I had a different flower bloom, but it slowly died after that., so it doesn't count. I officially have two flowers. They're a beautiful deep pink and weirdly-more-orange-than-salmon colored. And they're lovely.

I feel a small sense of victory in my heart because I grew something.

I helped keep life going.

I planted and cultivated something that brings oxygen into the air and takes in carbon dioxide.

I planted something that brings beauty.

My heart is full.

I can't wait for more flowers to bloom.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment