Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A French Press Box

Today, I decided to organize all my bathroom jazz. Well, not all. Just the hair jazz (which is half of it) and then the random things that accumulate in the bathroom. Like three pens. Or two rubber bands. Or two rings (I'm wearing those now).

Side note. My rings are quite lovely. One is a feather. When I got it, though, I thought it was a leaf. It took me about a week of wearing it to discover it was a feather. My other ring is a silver duplicate of the one ring of power. The one ring to rule them all. No idea what I'm talking about? Here. Watch this.

The Fellowship of the Ring is by far my favorite movie. That's another story. A beautiful, long, lovely story.

But, ANYWAYS.

Isn't it lovely? And useful!
When I was organizing, I realized my contacts were all over the place. Like, all over. No wonder I can't find them in the morning quickly - they're spread out all over! So, what did I do?

Well, I thought about buying something. But, then, I thought that I didn't want to spend money. Contemplation started and I wondered how I could organize...

I THOUGHT OF IT. Today, in the mail, I got a replacer beaker for my French press. Last week, I was cleaning the kitchen, knocked my French press on the ground, and broke the beaker. I awkwardly stared at the broken glass on the ground for a good minute and then decided I should probably pick it up. So, then I did. Of course, with sadness in my heart because then there was going to be a lack of coffee...

That's another story. I got the replacement today. I had a box. For my classroom, I made lots of organizational things out of cardboard and duct tape because I didn't want to buy anything. So, what did I do? 

Cut the box in half. Covered it in duct tape (and washi tape). Then, I put all my contacts in it! Wow. I am so excited. It fits perfectly in my restroom and makes it so I can find the contacts in the morning to see! 

Look at my using the Three R's - reduce (I'm reducing waste), reuse (I reused the box), and recycle (I recycled the rest of the box I didn't use). How environmental! How sustainable to the earth.

Peace.

PS - thanks for tracking with all the trains of thought.
PPS - go save the earth and some money. Make your own things.
PPPS - now I'm listening to the entire extended LOTR on YouTube. This is bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment