Saturday, February 25, 2017

Straws and Cups

I was, also, thrilled with this packaging.
Hello, hello! I've been quite the busy lately. This weekend, I'm trying to get lots done and be wise with my time. As of now, I'm almost done with my laundry.

Almost. It was a lot of laundry. And, as we all know, I hate doing laundry.

I've had a couple super major happy points in the last couple of weeks that I wanted to blog about. One of the things is that I got stainless steel straws! Why did I get these?

I really like straws. They make me happy. Also, I have a smoothie for breakfast every morning and without a straw, seeds are stuck in my teeth. You don't want to give a 5th grader any more ammo to think you're cooler than you are. 


Yesterday, this cup got busted. I'm sad.
So far, they have been working great! I'm cutting down on the amount of straws put in landfills (they don't break down, they can't be recycled). And since Americans use around 500 million straws a day, I'm glad I can make a very small dent. Want more information? Check here

The second change I was able to make was bringing my own cup to the coffee shop. Yes, if I'm staying there, I can use their cup. However, if I'm leaving, I don't necessarily want to use a paper cup if I don't have to. You see, even though I can recycle it, if I don't need to use it, I shouldn't. That sentence didn't flow. Whatever.

But I started bringing my own cup! They charge for whatever size it is (and sometimes I even get 25 cents off for using my own cup!). 


Smaller impact, something reusable. I'm thankful.

All the cups!
OH. Also, I looked into making an investment in a cup. Then I wised up and looked in my cabinet. Any cup that would be a carry cup (is that a phrase?) could be used. Amazing things happen when you just ask if you could do something (like use your own cup). 

Ask.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment