Sunday, February 12, 2017

Books Read

So, I made a post about wanting to read and asking for suggestions on books - I got lots of response. I think it would be good, for accountability sake, to write down the books I've read. Here's a progressive list -->

1. As Sure As the Dawn by Francine Rivers - this is one of my favorite books. It makes my heart beat and brings joy to my soul. I love books with character development and I love seeing a change of heart in people. This book is in my favorite series (Mark of the Lion), but this one can be (somewhat) taken out of the trilogy and stand alone.

2. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers - I've read this book MULTIPLE times and let me tell you: it's lovely. It's based on the book of Hosea in the Bible (my favorite book) and tells it beautifully. Love, redemption, pain, healing. All of the things. Read it. This book used to frustrate me because the main male character always seemed perfect and that wasn't logical. This time, for the first time, I was able to see flaws. That was good for my soul. Not one person is perfect - except Jesus.

3. The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers - I've read this book a couple times. I come back to it usually once a year. It goes over the story of a young lady who was raped, became pregnant, and goes through the pain and process of deciding what to do. It's beautifully written and the Lord is very evident throughout the text. I love to see Jesus played out in a very practical and kind way.

4. No Place For Magic by E.D. Baker - I finally read a book not from Francine Rivers AND all in one day. I'm a cool kid. But, really, I went book hunting with my friend Nomi and found this book (and the next book in the series!). I bought them "for my classroom" and the rest is history. This story is super great. The first three books set up the story line - a girl kisses a frog and turns into a frog, she tries to become human again, attempts to fall in love, all the fun things, break a family curse. You know, the usual. In this book, she's fighting to gain the affection of the family she is going to marry into, but they hate magic. She has to balance that out while still trying to save the world. It's a super grand book (and series, really!), and I great suggest reading ALL of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment