Saturday, February 4, 2017

Tea Party

Look at all the tea party cups!
Last weekend (on Saturday), I went around to every apartment in my building and asked them to come to 'Tea Time at Apartment #4!". In the note, it included that there would be tea, coffee, and (if you're lucky) hot cocoa! 7:00, my place, Sunday night.

So, I had my neighbors over. I have 12 apartments in my building, people from seven of those came. It made my heart happy. I got to use my cups, coffee, and tea (and one of the packets of hot cocoa!) and we just had joyful conversation. Everyone was able to talk when they wanted and get to know each other better. 

I like the idea of building community where I live. 


Tea sometimes speaks truth.
I've talked to people about this, but I feel like the art of inviting people into your home seems lost. It's easier, I guess, to invite people to a coffee shop for tea or coffee. It's more safe, in a sense, to invite people over a shop because then people can't see your messy life.

But I think it's a more real environment to invite people into your home to share a cup of tea or coffee. Or a cookie. It's more vulnerable, it's open, it's more honest. When you're in your own home, you can't hide from things as well as you could outside the home. 

Invite someone over to your place for a cup of tea. See what happens.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment