Saturday, January 28, 2017

Goal. Met.

Y'all.

Note. I do my squats...
Last year I set a goal to be able to do a flat-footed squat for a held minute. Okay, I set the goal at the beginning of the summer and wanted it done by the end of the summer. I reached the goal within three weeks and then the next week I hurt my knee.

No more squats after that.


Struggle bending knee occurred after that.


Lots of physical therapy happened.


Some tears.


Frustration.


Then mobility began to come back.


Slowly.

Surely.


I started squatting again in December and seeing how long I could hold it. OH MY GOSH IT WAS PAINFUL.
...while brushing my teeth.

To start.

I pushed through.

I reached one minute within two weeks.

I decided to keep my goal going. I wanted to see how long I could hold it. Y'all. I'm up to 2:12. 

I'm thankful.

The Lord has healed my knee, for the most part.

Also, I'm pretty proud of myself.

Peace.

Oh, here's some research to back up squatting flat-footed.
http://www.somastruct.com/5-reasons-to-start-full-squatting/
http://theshawnstevensonmodel.com/resting-squat/

No comments:

Post a Comment