Saturday, January 14, 2017

Tally Marks

A couple times a week, I get tally marks. A couple times a week, tally marks are erased. In fact, I got at least five tally marks today. I may get more!

See? Here's my tally marks.

Now the what the heck is that answer. Because it's funny to me. =]. 

BUT MORE THAN THAT. Everything that goes OUT of my apartment (article of clothing, furniture, books, random items) to be given/donated/sold is worth a tally mark. One tally mark equals one dollar.

Now, if we look back on my goals/random thinkings on this year, one of my goals was to only buy what I need. Reference here. But there are little random things I contemplate buying. Like coffee. Well, mainly coffee. Like at a shop. Because, as we know, ground coffee from the store counts as something 'needed'. (on that, am I supposed to put the apostrophe inside or outside the period? English is weird)

So, this gives me my "froo-froo" money. Those aren't words. I don't care. This keeps me accountable not to spend all my money on coffee (which is why I originally started it last year), but it also keeps me accountable to not buy what I don't need. For example, when I'm thinking of buying a shirt, I can contemplate if I really want to lose ____ tally marks. If I don't, I don't get the shirt.

This is super great. I thought I'd share. OH. And this continually keeps me accountable to get rid of things that I have that aren't in use. 

Happy day for decluttering. 

Peace.

ALSO. If you struggle with buying an excessive amount of coffee like me, this really works. 

DOUBLE ALSO. I don't get a tally mark until the item in question is given to the person needed. Therefore, it doesn't count if it's in my jar. Just doesn't count. 

TRIPLE ALSO. You are dearly loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment