Saturday, January 7, 2017

Avocado Love

Chopped avocado.
I struggle to get protein daily. Daily. I don't really eat meat (unless someone else cooks it) and I can't eat eggs or peanut butter, so there's that. Luckily, avocados have the highest protein given of any fruit - four grams per fruit! That's the best.

Thank you, avocados. I appreciate your existence. 
Now, I hadn't been able to eat avocados for the last year, so bear with me. I've been eating tons of them now because my body doesn't hate them anymore and I can eat them. Thank you, Sid's body, for healing slowly and surely. Thank you, Jesus, for making that happen. YOU are the ultimate Healer.

At least, when I eat the correct amount. When I get 2174817095 avocados at once, it's bad news bears.

Tonight, I made guacamole. I decided to take pictures while I did it because some people don't know how to make it and buy it. That's silly. Don't do that. Homemade is better. 

What do you need? Please remember that I don't measure...
- one avocado
Chopped onion.
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (maybe two tsp - I don't know)
- 1 tsp (add more if needed) salt

First step? Get a bowl so you don't spill all over the counter. Second step? Avocado. Cut it in half vertically. Get out the pit. Want an easy way to get out the pit? Take your knife and put it in the pit (not stabbing it, but like you were 'cutting' it). After the knife is in, twist it sideways. This gets the pit loose and it should be able to come out. 

Anyways. After the pit is out, cut it into little squares (lines of cutting vertically, lines cut horizontally). Then use a spoon to put ALL the avocado into your bowl.

Happy avocado.
Mix.

Chop 1/4 onion, put it in the bowl, too.

Then dump the salt and lime juice.

THEN CRUSH IT. Well, kind of. Smash and mix it all until it's got no avocado chunks and it's just baby onion pieces. Then it's done!

Eat it with chips. Or rice cakes. Or on something else because you're not bound by rules because you're super cool.
What a happy time!

The end.

Oh, well, kind of. Avocados are super good for you. They're a fruit (technically, a berry). Tons of protein. They are very high in potassium (higher than bananas!), they're full of fiber (10 grams per avocado!). They're super good for your skin. Basically, they're the boss of all the berries. Minus all the other happy berries. Maybe we should have a berry party.

And call it a berry good party.

That's all. 

Peace.

Want more facts? Check it. Or check here.

No comments:

Post a Comment