Saturday, January 28, 2017

Stop

I almost bought more coffee today.

I was at Target. I actually went to drop off my recycling (glass and plastic bags) and I was in want (I was going to say need, but no...) of mascara.

You see, the mascara I had used for the past two months clumped and wouldn't come off and I kept trying to gently take it off and I kept losing eyelashes. And, at the rate I was going, I wouldn't have many left within the next couple of days.

So I stopped.
Yet another post about coffee. Yet another coffee
spill on a paper being graded.

And threw it away.

And made a decision to buy a different kind.

Turns out that cheapest isn't always best. Imagine that, right?

While at Target, after getting mascara, I went to go hang out with the kombucha. Okay, check it out. Not hang out. That's weird.

I looked and them and then found a coupon on coffee. I like coffee. It makes me happy. I walked that direction.

I stood there, contemplating which coffee to get. THEN. I. REMEMBERED. Coffee is sold in bulk. Coffee can be avoided being bought in packaging and I can get it without any waste being attached.

I didn't buy coffee. I stopped myself.

I'm thankful I stopped myself.

I think I did a thing.

One step at a time.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment