Saturday, February 4, 2017

Tortilla Chips

I'm a big fan of tortilla chips. They make my heart happy. 

I'm an even bigger fan of making things myself because then I know what is in them. That's always nice.

Today, I made tortilla chips. Inspiration came from a site I'm on where people share ideas about how to live more waste free. Someone was looking for a way to make baked tortilla chips. I gave her my recipe, then thought it would be helpful to write it down in case someone else wants it. 

ALL THAT ASIDE. Here's this.

Let's all take into consideration that I fail to follow recipes and keep any concept of time. There's your clarifier.

You need...
- corn tortillas
- cookie sheet
- salt
- oil (coconut or olive)

The first step is cutting your tortillas into sixths. That's a fraction! I used like six tortillas to fill a plan. I think.


Anyways, cut them into sixths. Then you're going to put a light (very light!) layer of oil on the bottom of the cookie sheet. Then, you make sure to space out the tortillas so that they don't overlap. If they do, they won't cook evenly and then they'll be stuck to each other.

And that's no fun.

Then, you put a baby bit more oil and a bit of salt on the top of the tortillas.

Cook them for approximately 10 (checking the oven often) or so minutes at 350. 

Works like a charm. Tastes lovely. And maybe, just maybe, better than chips bought at the store!

Peace.
All the yummy things!

No comments:

Post a Comment