Sunday, October 9, 2016

I'm Jamming

I'm. So. Excited.
I made jam tonight. I also avoided work tonight. I also made zucchini chips tonight. And salmon. And brownies.

And avoided work.

My heart is really content. I find so much joy in using the things that I have. I made an earlier post, found here, about going berry picking. I went with Grace and got about three cups of berries.

They've been sitting in my freezer and I have had no idea what to do with them.

UNTIL TONIGHT, that is. 


Featured: jam. Background: The Office and a
crazy kitchen counter.
I was looking through Pinterest because I didn't want to grade (I had been grading for at least an hour...) and stumbled across this recipe (Blueberry Chia Seed Jam). I made substitutions (mulberries for blueberries, less stevia than asked, I added some raspberry/blackberry/strawberry blend, added a bit of lemon juice) and created. Experimented. Used what I had and made a lovely creation! 

It's. So. Good.

SO GOOD.

I realized afterwards that I don't eat bread, so this'll be interesting of what to put it on. Tugce suggested crackers.

Anyways, look at me being sustainable by using what I have an cooking the things I have.

Praise God for berries.

Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment