Sunday, October 23, 2016

Socks

Hi.

There's a place in town, called the FIT (Families in Transition) Closet. They help out families that are in transition (usually from homelessness). They are in serious need of socks and underwear. I want to help out, but (maybe you don't know this) socks and underwear are expensive.

So, today, my friend, Jamison, and I went to Hastings because it's going out of business. That's sad, I know. I talked to the guy at the register and he said he's sad about it closing, as he's been working there for six years. My heart hurt for him, but as he said, "It's another page of the story..."

I now realize that's even more poetic because it is a book/movie store.

Anyways, I found lots of socks. I'm thankful. Long socks - two pairs per pack. Thick socks. Durable socks. Original price of $9.94. They were all 80% off, so I got each of them (pairs) for around $2.00. 

My heart is content that Jesus gives me reasonable ways to serve in my community. I'm thankful. I'm thankful that people will have warm feet during this fall and winter. It always makes me sad when my feet are cold, so there will be less sad people now.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment