Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Walk. Joy. Tea.



Oh, I just love walks. They make my heart sing and I love the heat in Kansas right now. I don't know if I'm supposed to admit that. I will, though. It's a lovely time. 

Anyways, I went on the most magical walk the other day. I started off at Hy-Vee, but then decided it wasn't a wise move to walk to the library from there (it's like five blocks) and then walk to Aggieville (that's like nine more blocks). It was quite toasty outside and I didn't want to be stranded. 

Looking back, I totally should have walked from Hy-Vee.

Anyways, I went on the most lovely walk. I sent a book that sold in the mail (that was Hy-Vee!), returned a book to the library (that's where I parked second time around), went to Bluestem to get a lovely cup of black tea.

And this is my sustainability moment! They asked what size of tea that I wanted while reaching for the plastic cups. Oh, how my heart saddened as I thought I would be leaving the store because of the plastic and lack of cups. BUT CELEBRATE. I asked if I could use a real cup and the Mr. Sir Coffee Shop Man had eyes that lit up! He said yes! 

And then he commended me on my love for the environment, saying, "Every bit counts!" And then he quoted something from the 90's and I can't remember, but if I do, I'll come back and write it. 

Then I got my tea, sat on the back patio, drank the tea, and worked on my study. What a productive, lovely, and beautiful day!

That is all.

Go save the world.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment