Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Crackers and Smoothies

Almost every single morning, I eat (drink?) a smoothie for breakfast. This morning was no exception! I have been able to use the mangoes I made an investment in (you know, grocery store purchases) and a bit of berries. Super wonderful. Keeps me going, gives me a bit of protein (I put hemp, chia, and flax seeds in the smoothies!). It's a lovely time.

Anyways, I wanted to share that. But more importantly, I made crackers this morning!

The little paper picture is the recipe. But I'll attempt to write it because I know my handwriting looks like an explosion.

Ingredients:
1 cup oats
3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup sesame seeds
2 Tbsp chia seeds
3 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 tsp kosher salt
4 tsp oil (it says vegetable oil...no go, go for something else)
1 Tbsp maple syrup
3/4 cup water

That is all the ingredients! I added some flax seeds because...why not? They're lovely and we should all share the love of flax.

Instructions:
1. Mix all the ingredients together
2. Let sit 10 minutes (this lets some of the seeds thicken/expand so they're all full size)
3. Make into a ball (like, all the mixture)
4. Have a pan lined with parchment paper (I don't own this...I just used spray) and put the ball on the baking sheet
5. Spread out the "ball" on the pan until it is about 1/8 of an inch thick
6. Bake 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees
7. Take out of the oven, flip the parchment paper/cracker over, then cook 15-20 more minutes
8. Eat the crackers with joy and know that it won't be a normal cracker and that is okay

Now, I didn't have parchment paper and I wasn't willing to go to the store because I'm simply not. So, I spread out the mixture to 1/8 inch on sprayed pan, and put in the oven. I didn't set a timer because I like to just go check every so often. When I noticed the edges were getting brown, I turned down the heat to 325 and then kept watching it. I'd say, in total, it took 30 minutes, but I'm not really sure.

Anyways, this is a great way to get your protein, live your gluten free life (woo hoo...no, but really, if you're not gluten intolerant, don't do that), and use what you have. 

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment