Thursday, August 10, 2017

Ask

I think I've talked about asking people for help before. In fact, I'm pretty sure of that. I haven't talked much about asking God for help. 

That's usually because that's intentional 1:1 conversation and not from a blog. But, alas, it's Thursday.

Maybe I should write a post every Thursday.

Anyways, tonight I came face-to-face with...myself. My broken side. The side that people don't like to acknowledge is part of them because it hurts. 

But it's part of us, whether we want to acknowledge it or not. 


So, my brokenness was pointed out. Kindly, gently, humbly, and fiercely.

It's amazing how Jesus uses people to point out the areas that we need to work on. He uses broken people to help broken people. Broken people are used by Jesus to change the world.

Anyways, I was driving, after that conversation. And praying. Praying and driving. Asking Jesus why. Asking Jesus for someone to talk to, but it's like 10:20 at night and I couldn't just call someone up because...sleeping.

He told me to go to the grocery store. I asked why. He said to just go. I thought maybe I'd run into someone I know to talk to. Or meet someone. Or maybe just because I love the grocery store. 

So, I went to the store. Walked around. Found apples. Invested in bananas. Bought plantains. 

Wandered for about 20 minutes. Calmed down. Prayed quite a bit.

Checked out. 

Still wondered why I was at the grocery store. I didn't feel better. I didn't really understand why. 

But I walked out the door and looked down - and found a penny. Joy. Small joy. I then stand up and head towards the door and see a dear friend. 

I walked out, met her, and walked back in the store with her. I needed to live life alongside someone. To tell my life and not be okay. You see - it's okay to not be okay. 

We checked out, went outside, talked, and she prayed for me. 

Y'all. I asked Jesus for help. He answered in such a mighty way. I took my time walking around the store, grabbing a penny, and saw the answer. 

All this to say: I serve a God who answers prayer. And I'd like to introduce Him to you.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment