Thursday, August 17, 2017

Here, Life Update

Let me just tell you about how God is provider. 

Finances are hard and I'm not a fan of not knowing where rent is going to come from. That's a thing.

I was praying A LOT about how to pay for finances. By A LOT I mean just that: a lot. For a job, for free food, for help. For love and joy and all the happy things. And I know God is good. I believe He provides. He takes care of His children. 

So, here's my life. 

1. I got a full time sub position at a school that I absolutely love. I didn't know I would love it - but I do. The community is fiercely beautiful and people came to my room to meet me. Just to meet me. To say, "Hey!"
2. I had gotten rid of most of my teaching things...because I was planning to move. When I got this job this past Friday, I had nothing. Nothing to organize a classroom. A lack of materials. Nothing to decorate. What was I to do? I asked. For help. I asked my local Buy Nothing group. I talked to my friends. And everything that I needed was provided: classroom snacks, organizational bins, classroom supplies. Basically, everything. I'm so thankful.
3. I've been budgeting super mega lot. I'll write about that. I've had multiple people provide meals for/buy me meals/I love tacos.
4. My dear friends, David and Kristin, invited me over tonight. They provided me coffee and free WiFi.
5. I got rid of my WiFi because I thought I wouldn't have the funds for it. Looking back, now, I see that was a very wise decision. It was just what I was supposed to do. I think I may get rid of it forever. 
6. I was praying that if Jesus wanted me to stay at this school for longer (or consider it) that He would make it very clear. Well, He did. The other option that was on the table fell through. Therefore, that was Jesus answering so clearly. Anyways, you can pray about that with me. 
7. I've had such peace about this transition. It's so...gentle. And kind. And I see God's hand in ALL of it. It's where I'm supposed to be. 

Anyways, there's my life update, also, if you're wanting to know. I only have 20 things on my to-do list now.

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. You can come over and use our Wifi ANY TIME YOU NEED IT. Just text me. I'm excited for your year! - Heather

    ReplyDelete