Sunday, September 10, 2017

No WiFi

So, I've been without WiFi for about the past month. It. Is. Fantastic. I'm getting so much done and I feel like my mind is so much more clear. How odd is that?! I would just like to tell you the benefits of this, so maybe you can do it, too!

1. I've had so much more time to spend doing practical things...like cooking. And cleaning. And decluttering. 

2. I've had so much more time to spend with friends! It's amazing. I feel like my relationships are more intentional because I don't have the distraction of the Internet. 
3. Time. So much more time. I can't believe it. 
4. Blue light - let's talk about that. I'm sleeping much better because I'm not having the blue light intake before I sleep. Here, you can read about it here.
5. I think this has also been helpful in making sure that I use my time well. Intentional friendships, friends. Those are the real deal. Invest in those.
6. It's been amazing to see how much other places I can access Internet other than my apartment. My friends have been kind to offer, as well as I've been spending time in other places. There's more than enough places for me to access Internet, therefore I would rather spend my time building community somewhere else rather than staying at home. 
7. Sometimes, though afraid of doing them, it's good to do things that make you nervous. They turn into the biggest blessings!
This made me smile so much after the entire
conversation.

So, those are some of the benefits. My Internet service, as it was starting back up on the 12th, has been terminated, as of this night. I got to talk to James B, which I referred to as James Bond. Above, or maybe to the side, is a screenshot of our conversation.

Anyways, before I did this, I was really nervous that going without WiFi would be really difficult and make life really complicated. It definitely didn't. If anything, it did the opposite. It made me get out and do new things! Spend time with more people and be more intentional with my time. 

I'm thankful, to say the least. I encourage you to do something that you're nervous about. It can make all the change.

Peace.


*note - though I know the correct term is Internet service, I almost exclusively call it WiFi. So I have gotten rid of the Internet service. That includes WiFi.
*double note - a big gift of this, also, has been that I haven't had the opportunity to go online and buy things. Sounds silly. It's not. If I'm given the time to think about purchasing something, I tend to make a better decision. Then I don't waste money.
*triple note - another benefit would be that I'm not paying for WiFi. Or Internet service. That's a perk.

No comments:

Post a Comment