Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Food is Fun

Foods, foods - lots of natural foods. 
I started a new thing. Well, a couple weeks ago I made a decision, but now it's going to be implemented because I went grocery shopping.

I'm starting to buy foods that I can recognize ALL of the ingredients to. I cannot explain how excited I am about this. I don't know how this works with restaurants or anything like that - for now, it's just the grocery store.

It's been harder than expected. I didn't realize that some foods I eat have random things that I didn't know what they were. Like half and half. Half and half has some chemicals (maybe chemicals...I don't know) in it that I didn't know about. My heart sank a bit when I noticed this...

I like half and half in my coffee.

This is my favorite. All natural, healthy,
and great for your tummy.
Let's be thankful for the natural foods aisle at the grocery store! I found some half and half that is just cream and milk (I think...it's at school). So I can have half and half in my coffee AND I know all the ingredients.

Anyways, this is a lot harder and easier than I thought it was going to be. And harder. It's humbling to not be able to have some of my favorite foods, but it's fun to find alternatives. 

The reason I'm doing this is to make sure I know exactly what is going into my body. I like to know exactly what it is so I know if I'm helping or harming my body. Berries and nuts and cheese are all things I can read the label and know what is in them. Processed food? Not so much.

It's a fun, humbling, wonderful time. Healthy food sustains my body (and brain!) and I'm thankful there are so many options. Now, if only I can find places that sell food without the plastic packaging, life would be grand.

Life note. I got a haircut and I'm a babe. Maybe
I'll write a post about that.
I encourage you to join me on this journey! It's fun, exciting, and humbling.

But mostly good for your body.

Let's be sure to take care of the bodies the Lord gave us.

No comments:

Post a Comment