Monday, August 8, 2016

Apples and Bikes

Today was my first day of school this year. Rephrase. Today was my first day back at work this year. This school year. Help us all.
It's true what is said - the best apples are
at the top of the tree

When I got home, I first stopped at the West Side Market. Here - learn more about them and then go there yourself! I got spaghetti squash, grapes, and O'Henry peaches. The amount of joy in my heart is huge.

I got home and didn't want to sit inside, especially because I'd been working all day and wanted the be outside. Note. I am outside now writing this with my feet in the dirt and heart in the sky with happiness.

But, I didn't want to sit around. That's not entertaining or taking joy in the earth that the Lord has made. One of my favorite Scriptures says the following -->

"The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
They have no speech, they use no words;
    no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
    their words to the ends of the world." 

All the love and happiness.
That's Psalm 19:1-4. It goes on, speaking beautifully about the world the Lord has made. Every part shows the beauty that He has made to show us His glory

(if you want to read more, here - read this)

I went outside. I took my bike.

Note. I saved up ALL summer for a bike. Side jobs only, nothing that comes from my teaching job. I wanted to have something economical (more so, environmental) that I could ride to the store. Sometimes walking a mile with a watermelon in the 100 degree heat is a bit too much. So, bike. I got a bike. I'm so excited. 

But. Continuation. I rode around the park. About a week ago I discovered an apple tree on the side of the park. Today, I went to it. I tried the apples to make sure that they were edible (otherwise it would be pointless to pick them). THEN. I picked them! Not too many because, to be honest, they were too high. I need tall friends. Well, tall friends to help me pick apples. I have tall friends.

Until next time, Mr. Tree.
I tried to climb the tree, only to come to the sad realization that apple trees seem to grow out and not only up...and a branch whacked me in the eye. 

Anyways, I picked lots of apples! I'm excited. Thrilled, really. I'm going to dehydrate them and take them to school as a snack. It'll be wonderful and healthy and (...) free.

Go outside (and take joy in the Lord!). Ride a bike. Find a fruit tree.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment