Thursday, April 6, 2017

Embrace Your Introvert

Y'all, I'm at a training today for educators and motivating to change - it's exhausting. No, not because of the information and, no, not because of the amount of information. Oh my goodness - there's so many people. It's exhausting.

I'm on break now. I'm drinking tea. By the fireplace. Listening to Ed Sheeran. Blogging. And avoiding conversation. 

I have to go back in six minutes. So. Many. People.

Anyways, this who like introvert, people tire me out, oh my gosh I need to leave for energy is the real deal. So I sat by the fireplace. It's lovely.

That was two hours ago. I had to go back to the meeting.

This is my thought -  for a long time, I didn't want to be someone who needed to get away from people to be rested. I got coffee with multiple people daily in college and talked to SO many people. I was tired...all of the time. 

That also might have been because I worked off of about five hours of sleep a night.

But I know it's important to take time for me. Like, not all the time. I would be a super cool hermit. Alone. But it's important to know my limits and stick to them. I know it's difficult to be in a big group of people for hours and hours. It's draining and exhausting. But, sometimes, it also has to be done. 

In those times, it's good to know that on breaks, I need to go sit somewhere by myself. And be solo.

I learned a bit back about things that fill my bucket and things that drain me. They need to BALANCE. 

Fillers:
- 1:1 intentional conversations (with certain people)
- reading a book
- doing art
- drinking coffee/tea
- decluttering items from my life
- Jesus

Drainers:
- big groups of people
- shopping for clothes
- getting together with new people (even 1:1)
- being in classes for entire days (without movement involved)

Therefore, if something drains me, I need to be filled with a filler. You can fill with something that drains. 

Know yourself. Take care of yourself.

Peace.

Oh! The training was about utilizing technology to enhance the learning of students. I think they're lovely ideas. I appreciate them AND I'm excited for the possibility of using technology in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment