Monday, January 15, 2018

Teaching Humans Human Things

It's been a while. Quite a while. Is a while one word or two? Anyone have any answers. I'm not really sure at all.

I haven't been doing much besides teaching and changing lives, so there's that. My real life update is that I've been able to teach couple different people sustainable life things recently, which has been actually quite lovely.

One of the things that I've been teaching is making an oil blend. Specifically, for focus.

Now, I have a feeling. Well, lots of feelings. But one of my feelings is that God made plants. Plants all have a purpose. I don't think plants were simply made to just be there and be pretty. I believe that plants are able to heal and having healing qualities.

Now, let's have a moment: I don't think all things can be healed with plants. Maybe one day I will have that feeling. Today is not that day. I don't think you should try and treat polio with plants. For some things, though, plants are a good option to take advantage of.

Essential oils are oils that have been taken directly from plants. Now, just like other things, not every oil is the same. Different ones do different things. Just like if you were to eat an orange and it would make you wake up a bit, orange oil does similar. If you were to smell lavender, it would be calming.

So. That's my introduction to that. I think God has made plants with purpose and we should take advantage of that.

A blend that I've been teaching a couple people to make is for focus. It has 10 drops lavender, 10 drops cedar wood, 10 drops vetiver. I put it all in a one ounce essential oil bottle (that's been emptied...that I kept for this purpose) with MCT (liquid) coconut oil.

This stuff is lovely. Y'all, we all know I struggle with focus. I can't do things all at once. I've paused at least 10 times writing this. And right now I'm staring off and looking at bakery items because there's a lot going on at this coffee shop. My brain works differently and that's okay, but sometimes I need to focus. This helps with that.

I'm thankful for plants to help me live. I'm thankful for plants. I'm thankful.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment