Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Biking, Books, and Bears (No, Pears)

There's this super grand pear tree near my apartment. It's at a childcare center. When the pears start falling down, I like to grab them. You see, I'm far too short to get them from the tree. I can't reach them. Sometimes my friends can, but I don't like to take advantage of my friends.

But. I went biking today. It was BEAUTIFUL outside. Just simply lovely. I had a big bag of books that I needed to take the Little Free Library five blocks from my apartment. So, what to do?

Grab the bike. Grab the backpack. Grab the books. Run into the wall. Head out.

Short Skirt, Long Jacket by Cake just came on. I'm so happy.

I biked to the little library. Dropped off my 12 books. Then I found five for my classroom! What joy. I'll honestly probably read them as bedtime stories and then bring to school.

OH MY GOSH. I forgot. I almost got hit by car. I was turning left and didn't have a stop sign. I signaled and the car started to drive. Maybe they didn't see me? Maybe they did. Maybe I failed at wearing my helmet.

Maybe then I contemplated wearing helmets while biking. And when driving. And then in everyday life. Basically, life's tough. Wear a helmet.

On my ride back, I found the pear tree and was thankful that the weather was cool enough that the bees decided to stay home and not eat dinner. On all the fruit. I took it. And now I will dehydrate.

Just another day in paradise.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment