Tuesday, May 23, 2017

You Should Visit...

Today was 5th grade promotion. It was lovely (and, for my sake and sanity, I have less papers in my classroom). After promotion, we had a reception. 

Y'all. My heart melted a bit.



One of my students gave me a flower crown. He came over, handed it to me, then walked away. It was really random and I was really confused. But that was something. I'm still wondering: what is the significance of a flower crown in the Palauan culture? You see, this student is from Palau. 

A couple of minutes later, his dad asked for a picture. His grandmother told me to put the crown on. I did. We took lots of pictures. Then I walked away to see how my other students were doing. 

Five or so minutes later, this student came up to me. He said, "You should visit Palau. It's a very beautiful country and you would like it there." Really random, really sweet. My heart melted. It's still melting. This student hasn't really said much all year and I don't know if I made a difference in his life, but something happened. He was comfortable enough to talk to me. He told me about his country. 

There's my happy story. I was able to see God's faithfulness in this (and maybe some confirmation).

Peace.

1 comment: