Sunday, July 24, 2016

Mint Happiness

Today, something happened that meant a lot to me.

That was cheesy. 

Anyways.

I went to the store today to mail a couple packages because I believe in mail and selling things on Amazon. When I send a package of something sold, I like to put a bag of tea and a note telling them how dearly loved they are. It always makes me happy. I hope it makes them happy. If not, oh well.

BUT. When mailing the packages, I asked the guy who was the mail guy (that's funny...) what the best part of his day was. I figured it's always good to make conversation with people and make them contemplate life. He told me probably counting out $65.00 dollars with a person to pay a bill. I grimaced, but he said it was actually fun. Then he told me about the Pokestop that was at Hy-Vee and someone put a lure there so people were coming in. I asked if he was playing and he said he was and played it when people weren't in need of help. That made me giggle and very proud of him.

Then, he discovered/remembered the best part of his day. He said he found some mints. Like a whole bag of mints - the family size. The look of glee on his face was fantastic. I then asked what kind of mints he had found. His response? The good kind - Lifesavers. I asked green or blue, he didn't know, so he went over, looked at the bag, reached in, grabbed me six, then brought them back over, telling me it was the green kind.

He gave me SIX mints. I offered him one, he declined, reexplaining that he had a WHOLE bag behind the counter. I laughed, thanked him for the mints, paid to mail the packages, and walked off to buy some tofu.

Anyways, this brought me so much joy. Give some mints to someone - it'll bring joy to their hearts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment