Thursday, June 7, 2018

When "For Here" Doesn't Work

Remember how I wrote a whole post about asking for a "for here" cup? Yeah, me, too.

Yesterday, I went to get more fizzy water. I think I'm the only human that I've met that calls it fizzy water. In fact, that may be the case for the coffee shop people, too. Because when I asked for fizzy water, the lady responded, "Oh, yes! Your fizzy water!"

Which, to be honest, made me quite happy.

I made sure to ask for a "for here" cup. A couple of times. To my dismay, she pulled a plastic cup and filled it with ice.

Despair came over me.

Oh, how sad.

It was too late.

And I had a giant, plastic cup.

And it's not even the composting one!

But. Fret not! This coffee shop, being the best coffee shop in town, allows me to bring my own cup. Let's be honest, though. Most places do that. And usually they give you a discount.

So, I was able to get a refill. Of fizzy water. They didn't charge me because I had my giant plastic cup.

Today, I brought back my giant fizzy water cup. And my cold brew bottle because I almost always get the same things.

And they filled up both. No charge for the fizzy water.

So, folks, I think what we have here is an "official" fizzy water cup. Because, you know, the second R in the 3 R's is reuse. Reduce, reuse, recycle. They're in that order for a reason.

Peace.
Here's my coffee shop view.

No comments:

Post a Comment